Our Client, Mavid Pharmaceuticals, one of the fastest growing local manufacturer and distributor of pharmaceutical products in Uganda is looking for a self-driven and passionate individual to join the team as a Marketing Manager. The primary focus of the Marketing Manager will be to onboard new clients and developing and executing tactical marketing plans to enable the company to become a leading manufacturer and distributor of pharmaceutical products throughout East Africa. The Sales and Marketing Manager will report directly to the Managing Director.
About Mavid Pharmaceuticals
Mavid Pharmaceuticals is a Ugandan based manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer of quality, efficacious and cost effective pharmaceutical products. The plant is located in Kajjansi and the distribution outlet is in Kampala. The aim is to be the leading manufacturers and distributors of quality and affordable medicines throughout East Africa. Mavid Pharmaceuticals product basket includes the formulation for peptic ulcers and other gastrointestinal disorders, products for external use and hygiene such as Kevlon and surgical as well as methylated spirit among others.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Sales and Marketing Manager
a) Marketing Strategy
- Assessment of company market share to formulate feasible marketing strategies and promotional plans in line with the company’s objectives.
- Participate in setting sales and marketing projections and follow up to ensure they are achieved.
- Work to build and maintain an efficient marketing team.
- Providing insight to budgeting and revenue projections of the company.
- Preparation of monthly marketing budgets that align with company goals.
- Carry out client segmentation analysis to enhance brand loyalty and profits.
- Establishing a functional marketing information system that provides real time feedback on disease trends, seasons for certain medications, competitor analyses and emerging players in the market.
- Leading the execution of promotional plans for the company’s products.
- Implementing the company’s marketing strategies to retain existing clients and on board new ones.
- Periodically evaluating the effectiveness of existing promotional and marketing programs and suggesting improvements.
- Structuring after-sales services to enhance product differentiation, loyalty and the company’s brand.
c) Business Development
- Creating and maintaining strategic partnerships in the healthcare industry to enhance the brand and ultimately company revenues.
- Developing promotional content for the company’s online platforms to promote brand visibility.
- Regularly analyze and track medicine/drug trading trends in the region and identify new business opportunities for the company.
- Ensuring the registration of the company with relevant regulatory bodies in the healthcare industry.
- Monthly reporting on achieved targets, proposed strategies, actionable insights, expected outcomes and future prospects.
- Management of the marketing team through training, supervision and evaluating the performance of the team to ensure that efficiency, relevance and competence is maintained in the execution of their duties.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience of a Sales and Marketing Manager
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Medicine and/or other related fields from a recognized University.
- Good knowledge of the medicine value chain and drug manufacturing industry in the East African region is an added advantage.
- 3-4 years of experience in the field.
- Interpersonal and networking skills.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Team management and building skills.
- Communication skills.
- Organization and planning skills.
- Adaptability to new technology.